Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Bullet Points

Just a few random thoughts:
  • My sister is just under three weeks away from her due date.  To say I'm excited! is an understatement, I can not wait to meet that little girl!!  May family is taking bets on the day and weight.  Even my 96 year old grandfather and 94 year old grandmother got in on the bets!
  • My sister-in-law found out she is having a boy, so in August we will have a nephew!
  • The pollen is killing me.  I have never had seasonal allergies, I have plenty of skin and other allergies, but the pollen normally does not affect me.  This year, maybe due to outrageously high numbers, I feel like I'm suffocating and my lungs just can't handle it.  Praying for rain!
  • I've been reading the book Cure for the Common Life.  The question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" has puzzled me for as long as I can remember.  I know that God gives each of us special talents and gifts to use for His glory.  I have constantly struggled with this and have always been one to compare myself to others.  This book is helping guide me to find those talents and truly find what it is that I would enjoy doing. 
  • My husband started his new job Monday!  It has started off well and we hope that it will be a good fit.  It was a much needed change!
  • My husband's aunt passed away this weekend from complications following heart surgery.  Because of the new job, we will not be able to go to the funeral in Mississippi. 
  • I ordered a lemon tree, lime tree and an orange tree.  They are being harvested right now and will be shipped at the beginning of April.  I would really like to have a garden, but being in an apartment is not conducive to having a garden, but a few trees on the balcony will be nice.
  • We joined Costco.  It's been great!  Ryan ventured out to Costco three times in the first week of membership.  I think it will save a lot in the long run.  And I love to save!
  • We are supposed to have dinner on Saturday night with a few of my Italy girls and their husbands.  One of the girls has been sick though, so I'm hoping she is still feeling up to coming.  I've really been looking forward to getting together!
That's all for now!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...