Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Watch My Garden Grow

Living in an apartment is really tough when trying to plant a "garden".  Last year Ryan and I tried our hand at tomatoes, strawberries, red peppers and a handful of herbs.  Unfortunately the only thing that made it was the red peppers and the cilantro.  This year, since we are in a different apartment and have a little more room on our balcony, I sent my sights on bigger and better things!

I found a coupon for a website that guaranteed the plants would grow, because they only ship when the plants are ready and the conditions are correct.  I ordered a lemon tree, a lime tree and an orange tree, all dwarf size, meant to fit on a patio.  Being that they said trees, I was expecting something a little larger when they arrived.  They are all about the size of my hand and look tiny in the big pots we have for them.  I've had them about a week now and so far, they don't seem to be growing all that much. 

Lemon Tree

Lime Tree
Orange Tree
I love the idea of fresh fruit!  One day I hope to have a nice big garden that I can grow a lot of fruits and veggies.  I also one day hope to have a bee hive with fresh honey.  Oh a girl can dream!
Pin It!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...