Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

At Last!!

Does anyone else hear Etta James in their head when they say that? 

If you follow me on twitter or instagram or are friends with me on Facebook, you’ll know that I posted this photo two weeks ago announcing that we are finally home owners!! 
It was a very loooong process but we are so excited with the outcome!  We are blessed to have a four bedroom, two and half bathroom home in a wonderful neighborhood.  We have many projects to tackle, but that’s to be expected.  We spent the first few days cleaning, redoing the laundry room and moving our belongings in.  I was very thankful for the help from our families and the long weekend in which to get it all done (even though two weeks later there are still several things to unpack). 
Miles isn't quite sure of his new home, he seems a little restless, but that’s good for us, he runs up and down the stairs a lot which tires him out!  He does seem to be slightly more attached (more so than he already was, if that’s possible) and very protective of me.  He does seem to bark a lot more, but there are several more birds, squirrels and trees with leaves to look at.  Hopefully he will settle down in the next few weeks, I think he must think we are going to abandon him and once he is sure of where he is, he can chill out!

The only downside to this move, is we are in Woodstock, GA, which is a great area and we love it.  BUT, it increased my commute quite a bit.  It's an hour every morning and I'm lucky if it's only an hour coming home. But, I am trying desperately not to complain, even though my husband might tell you otherwise.

I’m hoping to post some of the many projects on here as a reminder of what the house was and what we make it into. 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...