Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Weekend Update

This weekend was much more eventful than I originally thought it would be. Saturday started out with a deep clean of the apartment. If I’m being honest, it had been about two weeks since I last cleaned, so I got the hubby up early (9:30am, I know it’s ridiculous, he could have slept until 1pm or later if I had let him) and we set to cleaning. To my disbelief, he did not know how to clean a toilet or a shower, trust me, he does now!! I think we (or I) cleaned for a good two hours. There is nothing better than having a clean home!! We then set off to a couples shower for our good friends, Jessica and Danny. It was so nice to send time with good friends and good weather. We ended our night at my parent’s house, however the parents were gone!! Jenny and her fiancé were nice enough to invite us over for dinner. It was a great evening, even though Kansas lost and really threw my bracket for a loop.


Sunday was such an exciting, yet sad day for us. Sunday morning I went to a reception for the 8th grade confirmation class. As most of you know, I work with the 8th grade girls on Wednesday night for small groups. It was such a joy to see the kids I have been working with over the past three years stand up and confirm to the church their beliefs. It was a great day for them and I pray that they remember that day and continue to grow in their faith.

On the other hand, when Ryan met me at church that morning he informed me that his Aunt Peg had past away early that morning. Peg is Mrs. Pace’s sister who has been battling cancer for a while and unfortunately she lost that battle. Ryan and Kevin left for the funeral Monday night, so they could be there with his family. I would have gone too, however Ryan thought it would be best for me to stay here since I’m sick and it would be such a quick trip. Thoughts and prayers for the Mrs. Pace and her sisters are appreciated.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...