Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

The Miracle League

My sister is the biggest baseball fan I know. She spends most of her free time looking up baseball facts about the Cubs and Braves. And now that it is officially baseball season, she is ecstatic. And with the start of baseball season, that means her league starts up too!! So in the spirit of springtime, I thought I would post some pictures of one of her games!!














The Miracle League is a great place where special needs children and adults can enjoy a game of baseball. The league started in 1999, and I guess I don't really know how long my sister has been playing, but I know it has been several years. They have a special field that can accommodate wheel chairs and make it easy to play on for those who have difficulty walking. Each player gets to bat in an inning and everyone scores, so that means everyone wins!! My sister plays for the Braves and they have never lost a game, I bet the real Braves wish they had her record! Click here for more information on The Miracle League.

















Everyone has a "buddy" to help in the field and cover up when a big hitter is up! This is my dad with Hollywood aka Corey

Pin It!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...