Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

What are you passionate about?

This is a really hard question to answer. I’ve been reading the book “If You Want to Walk on Water, You Have to get Out of the Boat” by John Ortberg. I began reading this book because I feel like I’m missing my calling. I feel like my talents aren’t always used to glorify God. Part of the problem also lies in the fact that I can’t clearly identify my talents. Some people it’s so easy. My sister, a very bright individual, knew very early on that she wanted to be a physical therapist and she is a great at it. Some people it’s obvious what their talent is, they are a gifted vocalist, a talented dancer, an engaging public speaker. Some people are teachers, some are pharmacists, some are ministers. And it doesn’t always mean it’s an easy road, but at least it’s a little clearer. For me, I’ve really been struggling to determine what my talents are, where my passion lies. I know there are a few things that I’m passionate about, but it’s hard to decipher those “passions” from what is truly important.

So, my prayer for today is that I can learn to listen, learn to decipher my wants and needs from what God wants and needs of me.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man Katie, I feel like this a lot! Everyone else makes it look so easy but I have no idea what my talents are or how to use them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...