Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Fantasy Football

Hi my name is Katie, and I play fantasy football. There I admit it. Last year my husband so lovingly “forced” me to play fantasy football. I use the term forced, loosely. I dragged my feet, put up quite the fit and still ended up drafting a team. I was so reluctant to play that he even named my team, War Damn Eagles. I had no idea what I was doing. Really, he had two teams, mine and his to control. Maybe that was his overall goal. Well, much to my surprise, and probably everyone in the league, I WON! Shocking right!?

Well, that brings us to this year. I swore I would only play one season, there was no way I would like fantasy football. I mean, people become so intense about it. For example, last night Ryan and I were grocery shopping in Kroger. Yes, I swore I was not going to go back to Kroger again because the service was so terrible several times in a row, but there we were in the checkout line. Ryan pointed to a guy on his cell phone. We could overhear his conversation and he was getting pretty heated about someone wanting to trade Peyton Manning for one of his players. There was no way he was going to trade a QB that was fresh out of surgery for one of his starting running backs. But, as I stood there in the checkout line listening to this, I realized, I’m completely invested. I told myself that I was only playing this year because I had to defend my title. To some extent that is true. However, I have found that it is actually fun to watch your point total go up as your players do well (however, extremely frustrating when one of your players does not do well). Plus, it gives me something to do with my husband on Sunday afternoons. Right now my team is 2-0!!

My team:

QB Tom Brady, NE QB
RB Adrian Peterson, Min RB
RB/WR Peyton Hillis, Cle RB
RB/WR Percy Harvin, Min WR
RB/WR Fred Jackson, Buf RB
WR Devery Henderson, NO WR
TE Jason Witten, Dal TE
D/ST Ravens D/ST D/ST
K Josh Brown, StL K

Bench Dez Bryant, Dal WR
Bench Knowshon Moreno, Den RB
Bench LaDainian Tomlinson, NYJ RB
Bench Cam Newton, Car QB

Few things about my team, first off, I drafted Tom Brady as my QB. I think I was very lucky, last year I got stuck with Tony Romo. I didn't want him to begin with and then he got hurt. I wasn't happy, so I drafted a QB early! I also drafted Cam as my back up QB. I got a lot of grief about this one, but honestly I don't regret it a bit!! I believed in him at Auburn and I knew he would do well in the NFL.

So there you have it, I'm a fantasy football junkie. Do you play fantasy football?

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! & I like your new cleaner look, well done Mrs. Pace!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...