Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Pintest Inspired Diner Recipe

I pinned a recipe on Pinterest not too long ago for this soup...

1 can of Rotel
1 can of corn
1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
2 frozen chicken breasts
8 oz cream cheese
1 packet of dry ranch dressing
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
Put all ingredients in a crock pot and cook for 6-8 hours.
Shred chicken

I had been anxious to try it and also excited about the idea of cold enough weather to warrant making a soup.  Well, this week has definitely been cooler and I just couldn't wait any longer.  Plus, it's a crockpot meal, which are so easy!!

I ended up changing up the recipe.  I didn't have black beans, but had chili beans on hand.  I didn't have a packet of dry ranch, which I don't like much anyway.  And I didn't have a full 8 oz of cream cheese.  But, I went with what I had and I was plesently surprised with how it turned out.

Here are my ingredients:

1 can of Rotel (I used a Cilantro Lime Rotel, it's what I had)
1 can of corn
1 can of chili beans
2 frozen chicken breasts
a chuck of cream cheese (next time I would probably add a little more)
1 tablespoon garlic powder (roughly, I didn't measure)
1 tablespoon chili powder (roughly, again, I didn't measure)
Packet of Tequila Lime marinade (I used about half)
Put all ingredients in crock pot, I cooked on low for about 9 hours
Shred chicken

Mine did not come out as a soup, it was more of a stew.  I made some chicken fajita rice to go with it.  I served the stew over the rice in a bowl, it's a little less messy.  Plus I enjoyed mixing it all together.  Unfortunately I didn't take any picutres, but did take a picture of the finished dish. 


Ryan loved it and it was so easy, I will definitely be making this again.  He is even willing to eat as left overs (he hates left overs!!) it's that good!! 


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...